Summer is coming to a close and school is about to start, but there is still time to make the most of these last few weeks with the grandchildren.
Here is a list of fun summer activities you can do right here in the Bay Area:
1. Check out the teamLab art museum right down the street from Rosener House and Little House. This museum is a family friendly place that includes space art with music and glowing lights.
2. Visit Ghiradelli Square; the home of the most delicious chocolate you can get in California. Enjoy the restaurants and shops, but don’t forget to witness the amazing view of the bay.
3. Go to a Giant’s or A’s game.
4. Have a beach day at Capitola Beach.
5. Go on a Jelly Belly factory tour.
6. Take an excursion to the Monterey Bay Aquarium to learn a lot about aquatic life. Be sure to take your grandchildren to the hands-on exhibit where you can actually touch and feel certain sea creatures. While you are at the aquarium for the day, you could also take a stroll down Cannery Row to see all the nice shops and boutiques.
7. Have your grandchildren spend the night at your house and stay up a little past their bedtime to watch movies.
8. Visit the SF zoo.
9. Go to the Randall Museum in the city to learn about science and natural history.
10. Spend a day at the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk to enjoy an amusement park and a beach at the same time.
11. Have a picnic. Some beautiful spots in the city include Crissy Field, Mother’s Meadow in Golden Gate Park, and Ocean Beach.
12. Go to Filoli; a country estate with gardens, an art exhibit, and the historic Filoli house.
13. Take a walk up to Tank Hill Park in San Francisco to experience the great view of the city.
Thoughts? Leave a comment below!