Facilities at Little House Can Be Rented
Little House, Roslyn G. Morris Activity Center, is now open to everyone!
Little House, the Roslyn G. Morris Activity Center, was established on April 1, 1949. The present building was dedicated March 21, 1954 for the primary use of senior citizens. The new wing was dedicated in 1958 and an auditorium and craft room addition was dedicated September 18, 1966. Renovation of the entire facility was completed in September 1995 through the generosity of Mervin and Roslyn Morris. Further refurbishment, with the addition of Jilly's Garden, was completed in 2011, including expansion of art galleries.
In 2004 Little House became an "Activity Center", no longer simply a center for seniors. It is open to members and non-members of any age from any geographic area.
Little House Facilities Rental Details
Little House is an ideal setting for an imtimate gathering, business or social group meeting. Whether it's a group mixer or birthday party, a business conference or a class, Little House is professionally managed for your convenience and enjoyment.
The facility has indoor and outdoor rooms that can be configured or decorated in many ways, including:
- The newly renovated Ann Griffiths Courtyard is ideal for larger outdoor events. Surrounded by Little House facilities, its central fountain, sail-covered artificial turf and raised stage, the courtyard can accommodate 125 seated guests for receptions, outdoor concerts, parties or business ventures. It is lit for evening use, and heaters and sound system are available.
- The Little House Theater and Little House Cafe can be combined to seat up to 125, with serving facilities, enhanced stage and sound system, video projection, and wooden dance floor; separately they each seat approximately 55 or, combined, up to 100.
- The Jane West Room is ideal for smaller cocktail parties and mixers of up to 65. it is especially inviting with fireplace, music and a large expanse of windows.
- The Fitness Room can seat up to 80 when combined, or up to 40 each, when separately partioned. The hardwood floorsprovide an easy surface and a fresh feel. A separate entrance allows for easy access to Nealon Park.
- Individual classrooms can be used for "breakout" sessions for 25-40 people depending upon room and seating configuration.
- Jilly's Garden, an outdoor venue, can seat up to 35 and is lit at night.
- The Computer Classroom can seat up to 30 with networked stations, WiFi and video projection: both MAC and PC compatible.
- Little House Art Studio and Ceramic Labs can also be rented for one-time special class use by qualified instructors, as long as these do not compete with the Little House classes.
Free WiFi is accessible throughout the building and grounds, making it easy to log on from any location on the property. Parking is available adjacent to the center in Nealon Park and on the street on Middle Avenue. Activities can be expanded into the adjacent park grounds.
For details and pricing, please contact: Paige Sweetin, Little House Program Manager, at 650-326-2025 or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org